來源：中公考研 | 更新時間：2019-10-31 22:10:56
Section I Use of English
Read the following text. Choose the best word (s) for each numbered blank and mark A, B, C or D on the ANSWER SHEET. (10 points)
Music includes a lot of repetition. What would your favorite song be without a chorus? But the connection runs even deeper than that because the 1 act of repeating something can 2 that thing melodious– 3 the sound of a shovel being dragged 4 the pavement.
A few years back, psychologists at the University of California, San Diego, 5 that when words or phrases are 6 a few times, they can start to sound more like singing than speaking. The sounds as they appear to you are not only different from those that are really present, 7 they sometimes behave so strangely as to seem quite 8 .
Talking and singing are both forms of 9 communication. But researchers got to wondering: could repetition 10 musicalize other types of sounds? So they 11 clips of 20 different environmental sounds including water dripping, ice cracking and the shovel. And they played the 12 to 58 undergraduates first, as single sounds and then in a series with increasing repetition. 13 they found is that as the repeats stacked up the participants 14 the sounds as being more tuneful. The conclusion: Repetition’s power to musicalize seems to extend 15 a broader variety of sounds than just speech.
These 16 transformations are powerful because nothing changes in the acoustic signal itself. That is held fixed. Everything that sounds different comes from the mind itself, making these illusions 17 useful for understanding the musical 18 of listening. What are we doing when we’re hearing something musically? How is this different from other kinds of hearing? These 19 allow us to tackle these kinds of questions 20 .
1. [A] equal [B] proper [C] very [D] typical
2. [A] present [B] render [C] convey [D] justify
3. [A] hence [B] only [C] so [D] even
4. [A] across [B] through [C] on [D] beyond
5. [A] questioned [B] disclosed [C] discovered [D] preached
6. [A] repeated [B] chanted [C] mentioned [D] stated
7. [A] yet [B] but [C] unless [D] though
8. [A] intelligent [B] negligible [C] identifiable [D] impossible
9. [A] cognitive [B] vocal [C] phonetic [D] spiritual
10. [A] hence [B] still [C] instead [D] also
11. [A] collected [B] assembled [C] maintained [D] integrated
12. [A] images [B] segments [C] videos [D] tunes
13. [A] How [B] Whether [C] What [D] That
14. [A] rated [B] assessed [C] regarded [D] reacted
15. [A] in [B] with [C] to [D] out
16. [A] incredible [B] perceptual [C] conscious [D] reliable
17. [A] barely [B] incidentally [C] generally [D] particularly
18. [A] system [B] fashion [C] structure [D] mode
19. [A] problems [B] exchanges [C] transitions [D] transactions
20. [A] better still [B] by accident [C] as usual [D] so far
中公考研名師指導： 擇校擇專業 跨專業報考 1V1專業解答